Friday, December 4, 2009

Life is beautiful???

What is it that makes life worth living,
What is it that keeps you going,
Is it a precious memory that you have from yesterday?
Is it a beautiful dream you have for tomorrow?
Are those reasons enough for this life?

Is that memory from the past or the dream for the future worth it,
Worth this vain battle?

Life is beautiful, or so they say.
More often than not, I have felt they were wrong.

It doesnt matter whether you agree or not,I believe that it is not.

Life is neither beautiful nor worth the pain,
Each day of toil ends in a night of darkness.
An endless wait for light and morning.
Is this race between day and night, worth fighting for.

You cry, you laugh. Alone or with someone.
It doesnt matter whether you are alone or not,
It only matters whether the tears are bitter or sweet.
It only matters whether its a laugh or a scream.

Why is it that your joy is seen, but your pain goes unseen.
Why is it that people can see you smile, but they can never see you cry.

That is the way of life.
It gathers sorrow as it moves on,
And grazes past happiness on its way.

Sorrow is like a cloud hovering above,

But joy is always the silver lining.
Unreachable, unattainable, far away in the horizon.
Luring you closer, but always far away.


Forever I have wondered about living and life.
I have struggled within myself to understand the strife.
Today I met somebody who wanted me to know
That there is an answer waiting for me, somewhere down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me and my dreams

One fine day... I had this absolutely brilliant idea that I should learn baking. Sophie Kinsella's books, Nigella Lawson's cooker...