Friday, December 25, 2009

Shards of a broken heart


After lightning comes thunder and then the showers,
After heartbreak comes silence and then the tears.




One day you'll need me, like I need you
One day you'll cry for me, as I cry for you
One day you'll miss me, the way I miss you
One day you'll love me, but never as much as I love you.


I thought you were looking for me, but now I realise I was mistaken. I thought you were meant for me, but you showed me that you were not. I thought you loved me and you showed me that you did; not me,but someone else. I thought you were happy to have me. But you showed me that I couldnt make you happy, ever. I thought that you were the one, but you told me that I was not the only one.


I close my eyes and lie down to sleep
My hands are warm, my mind is at rest.
I dream of heaven and angels
I am happy and my heart knows it.

The claws of fear grow up on my heart
Its clutches are inescapable
I try to breathe but cannot
My breath is lost.

I feel cold and I open my eyes
There is darkness around me
Pitch black and terrifying
I cant see anything anymore

I worry and look around
The warmth and happiness around me is gone
I look for the light that used to fill my life and
I realise the light is gone.

1 comment:

  1. hey is this really originated from you..??? bada deeply touch kar diya yaar tune... i just pray to god that the heart is not yours.. again awesome writing.. i am sure every reader will fell the shards of broken heart...

    Amit

    ReplyDelete

Me and my dreams

One fine day... I had this absolutely brilliant idea that I should learn baking. Sophie Kinsella's books, Nigella Lawson's cooker...