Monday, December 7, 2009

A prayer for my friend

I cannot make the sun rise in the night.
I cannot touch the moon shining above.
I cannot bring the stars down to the earth.

I cannot catch the wind that blows.
I cannot count the grains of sand on the beach.
I cannot touch the bottom of the ocean.

But for you my friend, I would try to do all that and more.

You have touched my life in so many ways.
You made me smile on the darkest of days.
You made me cry and at times you cried for me.

You made me see myself as a better person.
You made me wonder how anyone can be so full of goodness.
You made me understand the strange ways of the world.

May your life be filled with happiness in abundance.
May all the paths you take in your life, lead you to glory.
May joy alone be your companion and sorrow never cross your path.

May your blessings multiply and may no evil touch your life.
May humility be your friend; pride and haughtiness your foes.
May your life return all the goodness that you spread around you.

For you my friend, I pray for all that and more.

1 comment:

  1. hey Amber, an excellent one.
    this should be dedicated to your best friend.

    Naveen

    ReplyDelete

Me and my dreams

One fine day... I had this absolutely brilliant idea that I should learn baking. Sophie Kinsella's books, Nigella Lawson's cooker...